CODE OF CONDUCT :
Code of Conduct for Students:
Every student (regular, external or enrolled with YCMOU)
1. Conduct him/her properly and observe strict discipline within class-rooms, library,
laboratory, hostel and college campus. He will also maintain discipline in buses or trains
during tours, excursions and educational trips organized by the institution.
2. He/She shall not do any act that directly or indirectly causes disturbance to functioning of
3. He/She shall attend all the lectures and practicals as prescribed by the University.
Any student found indulging in acts contrary to above mentioned code of conduct, punitive
action will taken against him/her by, or on behalf of, the Principal as mentioned in the above
quoted act and ordinance.
The following acts will be treated as gross indiscipline that can invite action:
i. Securing admission to any UG/PG courses using fabricated documents or by suppression of
ii. Obstructing any student to take part in academic, co-curricular, cultural or extension
iii. Possessing or using any fire arm or lethal weapons or explosives.
iv. Possessing or consuming or distributing any intoxicating drugs.
v. Indulging in any act of Ragging, Sexual Harassment, Violence or Arson in College campus
vi. Instigating any violence or participating or organizing violent demonstrations or agitations
or violent strikes.
vii. Instigating or participating in any “gherao” or organizing violent agitation against any
member of the teaching or non-teaching staff.
viii. Stealing or damaging any property, documents or records of the college.
ix. Participating or organizing gambling activity.
x. Collecting or raising of funds for any charity, social, religious or political cause without
written permission from the Principal of this college.
xi. Indulging in rumours during the times of national emergencies, riots and natural calamities.
xii. Indulging in any anti-National activities or knowingly supporting anti-national elements.
xiii. Indulging in any act that amounts to crimes under the Indian Penal Code, Indian
Procedural Code and/or all the Acts that are enforced by the Union of India and other State
Punishments for violating the rules:
The Principal or the officer appointed by him may impose one or more of the following
punishments on the students found guilty of misconduct or indiscipline.
2. Fine not exceeding Rs 300.
3. Cancellation of scholarship, prize or medal awarded to concerned student.
4. Debar him/her from appearing in College Exams for not more than one years.
5. Expel/Rusticate from college for not more than five years.
CODE OF CONDUCT : STAFF
1. Respect the right and dignity of students in expressing his/her opinion
2. Deal justly and impartially with students
3. Recognize the differences in aptitude and capabilities among students and strive to meet
their individual needs
4. Encourage students to improve their attainments, develop their personalities and at the same
time contribute to community welfare
5. Inculcate among them scientific outlook and respect for Physical labour and ideals of
democracy, patriotism and peace
6. Be affectionate to students
7. Pay attention only to the attainments of the students in assessment of merit
8. Make yourselves available to students even beyond their class hours
9. Aid students to develop an understanding of our national heritage and national goals
10. Refrain from inciting students against other students, colleagues or administration