Board of Student Development
The Board of Students’ Development undertakes the following prominent activities :
- College Magazine Shivam
- Annual Prize Distribution
- Anti-ragging Cell
- Fearless Girls Campaign (‘Nirbhay Kanya Abhiyan’)
- Felicitation of NCC Cadets
- Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil ‘Earn and Learn Scheme
- Personality Development Scheme
- Placement Centre
- Soft Skills Programme
- Special Guidance Scheme
- Student-related Seminar/Conferences/Workshops/ Lecture Series/Camps etc.
- Students’ Safety Insurance Scheme
- Students’ Council
- Disaster Management
- Recipient of “Best Student Welfare Officer in Ahmednagar District” Award for Efficient Implementation of the schemes of The Board of Students Welfare, SPPU , Pune [22nd May 2013]
- Recipient of “Best Student Welfare Officer in Ahmednagar District” Award for Efficient Implementation of the schemes of The Board of Students Welfare, SPPU , Pune 
- Recipient of “Best College in Ahmednagar District” Award for Efficient Implementation of the schemes of The Board of Students Welfare, SPPU , Pune [22nd May 2013]
- Recipient of “Best College in Ahmednagar District” Award for Efficient Implementation of the schemes of The Board of Students Welfare, SPPU, Pune 
Earn and Learn Scheme:
Aims and Objectives
- To develop a student as a multifaceted personality with academic excellence and a commitment to an egalitarian society.
- To bridge the gap between rural Bharat and urban India, this scheme is basically undertaken for the benefit of students coming from the rural areas, who are economically backward, intelligent and meritorious but cannot afford higher education, needy and financially hard pressed.
- To inculcates in the student the idea that no work is big or small and develops a work culture with the right aptitude.
Students working under this scheme are paid an honorarium of Rs.45 per hour as per the revised rates effective July 2017. Payment is made as per the attendance sheet, which is to be maintained by the college. The students are requested to open a bank account at their respective places and cheques make payments. At the end of the year the respective institute/college is requested to submit the annual accounts for the scheme when the central audit scheme is undertaken.
As per the new decision taken by the University:
1) College shall be paid 10% of the Total Expenditure on the Scheme.
2) Remaining College 90% Expenditure shall be paid by the University.
Nirbhay Kanya Abhiyan
Personality Development Scheme (for Girls)
Aims and Objectives:
To develop the confidence and personality of a lady student who comes from the rural areas and are deprived sections of society.
To develop a critical mind, self-confidence and a commitment to society.
The lady students are given training in health, law, and social activities.
They are also given training in self-employment and all possible other activities that enhance her social confidence. This scheme is open to all regular lady students from all the affiliated colleges
In the above scheme students from about 8 to 10 colleges / institutes that are proximately and geographically near each other are requested to form a group and out of these one college is selected by the Director, Board of Students’ Welfare who will be responsible to organize this one day activity. The selected college should send the proposal to the university office on or before 15th September every year. The colleges / institutes so selected to form a group should select a total of 10 lady students by inviting applications and then forward them to the organizing college who in turn will forward the combined list to the university. The organizing college should then send a detailed program in respect of the activity to the Director, Board of Students’ Welfare. After the activity has been organized the organizing college should send a detailed report of the same to the Director, Board of Students’ Welfare. All papers as are prescribed in the circular with regard to the activity along with all papers in connection with the financial expenditure should be made available at the time of the central audit after which the necessary payment will be made to the concerned college which organizes the activity. An amount of Rs. 15,000/- is made available to the organizing college.
Soft Skills Development Programme
Our Vice-Chancellor recently observed that several of our rural students, especially the poor, backward and the marginalized lack opportunities. It is to give them that cutting edge in a highly competitive and ruthless world, that recently the University has launched the soft skills program. This has been a phenomenal success where students have greatly benefited from the course. With a view to develop the personality and confidence amongst the rural based economically poor and marginalized.
This Program includes training in Spoken English, ways and means to appear for an interview and total personality development basically good and effective communication skills. Putting one’s best foot forward. The aim of the Vice-Chancellor has been to bridge the gap or at least lessen it between the rich and the advantaged and poor and the disadvantaged or between the haves and have-nots. This will indeed and truly build a resurgent and a confident India. At present it has been organized in limited number of colleges but in future it will be extended to include all Colleges and Institutes under the jurisdiction of the University. The response to the program is overwhelming amongst the rural based students.
- Goal Setting
- SWCT Analysis
- Communication Skills
- Attributes of Successful Person
- Preparing for Competitive Examination
- Transactional Analysis
- Study Skills
- Spoken English
- Time Management
- Importance of Study Skills
- Interview Techniques and Resume
- Team Work
- Leadership Development
- Group Discussion
Special Guidance Scheme
Aims and objectives
- to help those students who are deprived of the latest knowledge of the subject they undertake at the first year level.
- to inculcate the urge to educate one self, and that education liberates one internally as well as externally.
- to offer guidance to students in their career choices and the relevant subjects to be pursued by them to attain their best potential.
Student Development Officer
Year Wise SDO Reports :