About Library Department
Arts, Science & Commerce College library and Information Centre is set up in July 1978. Separate two floor library building is spacious and measuring over 6400 sq. ft. with reading hall having seating capacity of 150 students. The library has well balanced collection. Presently, the library has total documents collection of 52428 comprising 39745 books, 83 periodicals including national & international print journals, essential 21 newspapers and few CDs and cassettes.
To facilitate convenient and user friendly access to current, global and relevant information by identifying, acquiring, organizing and retrieving information in various formats (print & non print) to serve the information needs of the academic fraternity of Arts, Science & Commerce College, Rahuri to meet their teaching, research, consulting, training and learning requirements
Services provided by Library & Information Centre
The Library provides following services to students, teachers and scholars:
- Online Public Access Catalogue
- Book circulation
- Reference material
- Inter–library borrowing
- CAS (Current Awareness Services)
- Display of new arrivals & news paper clippings
- College Book–bank facility
- Spacious reading rooms with capacity of 150 students
- Collection of previous & current periodicals
- Special collection for competitive exam and general knowledge
- Digital Library facility (Internet access, Access to INFLIBNET Consortia, etc.)
Working days and Opening hours
- The library remains open throughout the year except on days notified as holidays.
- The library opens at 8 a.m. and closes at 4:30 p.m. on all working days where as it opens 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday.