Welcome to Computer Science Department
Department of computer science was established in the academic year 2012-2013. Dr.Gosavi R.S. has been working as the Head of the department and looking at every aspect of the department. Student’s strength is increasing day by day. Expansion and renovation work of the laboratories in the department was undertaken and completed in the last two years. Along with expansion, additional basic infrastructural developments were carried out. Recently department has purchased 30 latest configured computers, 2 Laser Printers,1 scanner and 1 LCD projector. For convenient and handy reference work department runs a ‘Departmental library’ with 100 books and 03 journals. Department is provided free internet facility accessible to staff and students. Among faculties in department, three have participated and attended International and national level conference, seminars and workshops and also presented research papers. The students actively participated in the departmental activities like Science Association, Avishakar science project competition and Competitive exam.
Department also organizes ‘expert lecture series’ from various colleges and universities to the students under quality improvement programme of University of Pune. Our students also organize various functions like teachers day, send off function etc. Principal Dr. Sambhaji Pathare has frequently guided and inspired the development of the department.
Highlights of the department-
- Well furnished Computer laboratory with high configuration PC internet with LAN
- Good infrastructure and good Instrument
- Well qualified teaching faculties, Teachers actively engaged in research work.
- Participation of students in Avishkar,
- State Level Competition SPPED Exam and Science Association
- Departmental Library Facility available
AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
- To provide Technical and Advanced education to the rural masses.
- To create skilled and employable rural youth.
- To motivate and furnish global competence in students.
- Provide quality education at UG and PG level.
- To make competent generation to face the global challenges in IT by using their domain knowledge and skills.
- To inculcate and create research oriented minds in Computer Science.